Global vision of the Graines de champions program:
(Literally « Champion seeds » in french.)
It is a program that aims to develop seeds of champions who will become the future ambassadors of Moroccan Surf at a regional, national and international level. Surfing has become an Olympic discipline that will be deployed in the land of the rising sun in 2020.
It is a program initiated by the Taghazout Bay resort, one of the largest tourism projects of the Azur 2020 plan.
Tadenga Surf Village, a component of the Taghazout Bay resort, specializing in high-level surf coaching, has set itself the goal of helping young people in Tamraght and Taghazout to identify future champions and train them to deploy their full potential.
Girl / Boy: between 8 and 16 years old, already having an affinity with surfing: first experience or attracted by surfing in general.
2- Selection criteria:
– Girl / Boy between 8 years and 15 years old, born after 31/12/2003,
– Already enrolled in a school program of neighboring municipalities: Taghazout and Tamraght,
– Knows how to read and write (at least the Arabic and French alphabet),
– Without a major physical disability.
– Provide a high-level theoretical and physical training program to become a future surf champion,
– Give an academic support to ensure a high quality education that will allow the personal and professional development of the student,
– Offer a physical and psychological preparation to succeed the surf competition,
– Provide the bases and prepare the beneficiaries to be autonomous in a competitive environment: search for sponsorship, highlighting the assets and know-how of each one through skills assessments and navigation in an international environment (cross-cultural communication).
– Encourage personal development in general to prepare young people to become future professional surfers or professional actors of surfing (history of surfing, equipment, technical and theoretical knowledge). This will become a social and professional help for disadvantaged young people in the region,
– Stimulate behaviors of excellence among young people in the region (which will lead to a snowball effect for friends, family, colleagues and family).
4- Academic program:
– The ocean and its environment: swell, waves, tides, wind, current, type of waves, hydrography.
– Equipment: types of boards and their evolution, production technologies, materials used for manufacturing, constructions, accessories, their uses, maintenance, repair, surf board shaping workshop.
– Mechanics of fluids (aero and hydro-dynamic): lift, speed, force, drag …
Anatomy / Physiology / Dietetics / Accident preventions.
– Surf vocabulary: technical figure and theory for better performance.
– The management of the competition and the surpassing of oneself: the timing, the preparation, the control of the environment, the psychology of the competition, the mental reinforcement, the motivation (objective, progression, pleasure, accomplishment).
– Interpersonal communication:
• Video editing (go pro, music): rules and technique applied to surfing,
• Video / photo analysis and performance monitoring,
• Athlete image management and sponsor relationship,
– School monitoring with school officials: homework, exams, attendance.
5- Physical training and surf technique:
– Physical development: muscle building, balance, fitness, endurance, yoga, energy channeling and breathing,
– The basics of surfing: the use of different types of boards including shortboard, SUP, longboard, finless surf, twin, quad …
– Confidence and ease in the practice of surfing in different types of conditions: small waves, big waves, reef break, shore break, slab,
– Participation in competitions: local, regional and international,
– The surf trip with coaches: in Morocco and abroad,
– Monitoring, training and personalized development for a logical and mastered progression of the performance of each one,
– Training for radical aerial figure: half pipe skate, trampoline, landing, and aerial rotation.
A- The ressources we have:
– Natural resources: one of the best surf spots in the world – Material resources:
• Auditorium equipped with a SMART TV 72 “,
• Tables and chairs to ensure a teaching environment at the highest level,
• An equipped gym with international standards,
• Showers powered by solar panels,
• Individual lockers,
• The most important park of surfboards in Morocco,
• Sailing and sailing equipment: kayak, lazer bug, windsurf, stand-up paddle, kitesurf board and kite,
• Skate board for curve training,
• A semi-rigid safety boat equipped with a 25CV outboard motor,
• A workshop manufacturing and repairing surfboards.
– Intangible resources:
• A project with the utmost respect for the environment (Green Globe certified),
• A project in an exceptional natural environment,
• A project backed by one of the biggest tourist projects of the Kingdom: TAGHAZHOUT BAY, TADENGA SURF VILLAGE,
• An agreement already signed with the Ministry of National Education to integrate the program into an institutional framework governed to adapt the schedules of the selected students and provide them with language support (French and English).
– Human resources:
• A passionate, professional and competent team
• Moroccan coaches trained by the ISA (International Surfing Association),
• High level coaches / athletes (champions of Morocco),
• An attentive managerial team motivated by the success of the program,
B- What we need:
– Human resources: international coaches. A selection of high level coaches is sought for technical support in surfing, physical reinforcement and mental training for selected students to maximize their potential for success. – On-site meals: most students come from disadvantaged backgrounds, a meal will be provided each day. – Equipments: boards, combinations and accessories adapted for each student, uniforms, shuttle for transportation between the school and the surf village. – Intangible resources:Promotion of the program at regional, national and international level, organization of local competitions with other schools.
C- Assets & benefits for the sponsors of the program:
– The communication aspect:
• Mention the program as “in collaboration with” on the press releases as well as the various means of communication related to the program,
• Mention on the posts on the social networks related to the “seeds of champions” program,
• Use of “sponsor” hashtags on social networks for content creation and monitoring,
• Sticker on the board of “Seeds of Champions”,
• Sharing media content produced along the program.
– The environmental aspect: Support a program that promotes the respect for the environment and the preservation of natural resources. This is a communication tool on the importance of protecting the environment for the company.
– The economical aspect:
• Support a unique social project in Morocco, a project based on a vision and continuity in time with all the elements gathered for a great success,
• Support a sport with high potential for internal and external communication (image and video surfing),
• Participate in the development of a very fashionable sport that promotes personal and professional development,
• Encourage a sport that develops a positive attitude towards the most difficult challenges. This can serve as an example for the company and its teams,
• Ensure visibility within a project with high potential for regional, national and international development.
– The educational aspect :
• This project focuses on the right and importance of education for individual, collective and national success.
• It is also a great way to educate teams, partners, customers and suppliers.
– The social aspect: a way to reiterate the image of eco-citizenship.